Mudeungsan Mountain located in Gwangju, South Jeolla Province, fully opened its door to the public for the first time in 57 years on Saturday.
Civilian access to the top of the mountain had been restricted since 1966 as air force units were stationed in the respective location.
Many visitors gathered on the day of the opening to enjoy a round-trip hike of approximately 390 meters that goes from Seoseokdae columnar joints to Inwangbong Observatory.
- Hyundai Elevator, Erbud team up to rebuild Ukraine
- ‘험지 출마’ 압박받는 장제원, 4200명 운집 산악회로 세 과시
- 사법공백 두달…대법원장 후보 조희대 지명
- [Herald Interview] Kiss of Life continues to describe different aspects of freedom through music
- Korean Air orders 20 Airbus A321neo aircraft
- 야당, 노란봉투·방송3법 강행…여당, 필리버스터 예고
- [Herald Interview] Korean 'changgeuk' meets Peking opera
- [Today’s K