South Korea's foreign minister held a series of talks with his Malaysian and Indonesian counterparts in San Francisco this week and requested for their countries' support in South Korea's bid to host the 2030 World Expo, his office said Saturday.
Park Jin made the request during separate meetings with Malaysian Foreign Minister Zambry Abdul Kadir and Indonesian Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi on Tuesday on the margins of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) ministerial meeting.
During his talks with Zambry, Park also requested support from Malaysia in efforts to elevate relations between South Korea and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations next year to a "comprehensive strategic partnership," according to Seoul's foreign ministry.
- BOK likely to keep policy rate unchanged on slowdown, hope for Fed's rate freeze, easing inflation
- SK chief discusses ICT partnerships with Estonia, Carribean Community
- [New in Korean] Witches, ecofeminism, climate crisis: Tale of resilience and nature’s power
- BTS Jungkook's star
- China’s AliExpress eyes expansion in Korea
- TXT shatters records, tops charts with 3rd LP
- HD Korea Shipbuilding to build world's first ammonia
- S. Korea, UAE strike bilateral free trade agreement